Knowing your Linksys router login is the only way that you are going to be able to control your router’s settings. If you have never logged in before or you have forgotten your login information, do not just let it go to the wayside; you can still get in.
Changing your router’s settings will increase the security to your wireless network and give you better control. Here’s what you should know about your Linksys Router IP address and login process.
How To Login To My Linksys Router?
- First, connect your computer to the gateway for the network and make sure that your router is all connected as well.
- Open http://192.168.1.1 on any web browser. This should bring up your router.
- You should get a prompt to enter your username and password. If you have never used your Linksys router login before, then leave the username blank and it will ask you to set one. The password will be admin if you have never logged in before.
- If you can’t get in and you have never logged in before, you might need to reset the router and try again.
How To Change The Default Linksys Router Wi-Fi Name and Password
It is important to change your Wi-Fi name and password to keep your Wi-Fi secure
- Open up any browser that you prefer and type in http://192.168.1.1. This will take you to the router’s settings.
- You should get a login screen. Enter the login and password. If you have never logged in before, the username should be left blank and the password is If you can’t get in, you will need to reset the router to factory settings.
- Under the Wireless tab, click on Wireless Security.
- You should see the word “passphrase.” Here is where you can enter a new password.
- In the neighbouring tab, you should see an option to update your username as well.
- Save any changes that you have made.
Linksys Router Login FAQs
What Is The Linksys Default IP Address?
The Linksys default IP address is http://192.168.1.1. This is what you will enter in the URL bar in any of your browsers to access your router’s settings. If that is not working, make sure that your router is properly connected to your gateway, has a wired connection, and try again.
The Browser Is Not Loading The Linksys Login Page
If you have tried using the Linksys router IP address and the Linksys login page is not loading, you can try to get in another way. Do this by opening My Computer if you have a PC. Then go to the Network tab (should be on the left-hand panel).
Windows will should you all of the devices that are connected to your PC through your network. If your router has been connected to your computer, it should show up there as a Linksys Router. If it doesn’t show up, then it was not properly connected. When you see it, double click on the icon or name and it should open up the right page in a browser.
Where Can I Find My Wi-Fi Username And Password?
Your Wi-Fi username and password should be set at the defaults if you have not already changed them. For Linksys, this is just a blank username and the password is admin. You need to change it after you login for the first time. If that doesn’t work, you need to reset the router.
How To Reset A Linksys Router?
If you are having trouble logging into your Linksys Router, you might need to reset the router. Only do this as a last result.
- Locate the reset button on the back of the router.
- Using a paper clip or ballpoint pen, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Wait 10 more seconds after letting go.
- You should see the power light on the router blinking as it resets before going solid again to let you know it’s ready.
- After pressing the reset button, unplug the router and plug it back in.
- Login using the default login information and change your username and password.