Navigating your Xfinity router and gateway can be confusing. There are several problems that you might encounter, from the initial setup to adjusting the settings on your firewall.
That’s why it’s important to know how to access the Xfinity router login page. You should first download the Xfinity app onto your phone to make things easier on you.
You can choose from three ways to login to your Xfinity router. Once inside, you can pick and choose what you would like to alter and adjust, from the username to your Comcast router IP address.
3 Ways To Access The Comcast Router Login Page
1. Using The Admin Tool – 10.0.0.1 Comcast Router IP Address
Change Your Xfinity Wi-Fi Network Name And Password
You might need to change your password in order to protect your home network. Changing your Xfinity Wi-Fi network name and passwords can keep out malware, threats, and any users that you don’t want on your Wi-Fi. Leaving your Wi-Fi unprotected leaves your network open to your neighbours taking over your bandwidth.
Log In To The Admin Tool
Here’s what you need to do to login to the Admin Tool to change your Wi-Fi settings:
- Go to http://10.0.0.1 to get to the Admin Tool.
- On the left-hand side, go to Gateway, Connection, and Wi-Fi.
- The name of your Wi-Fi network should be listed under Private Wi-Fi Network. You can click on Edit to change the network’s name. Sometimes there will be two names listed if you have a dual-band router and you can change both.
- You can see the password by clicking the box Show Network Password. Once you have changed your Wi-Fi information, make sure to save the settings.
You Should Also Change Your Network Name And Password
In addition to your Wi-Fi network information, you should change your gateway’s network name and password. The default username and password for Xfinity is ‘admin‘ and ‘password‘. Leaving them at their default settings means anyone can log into your network, steal your information, alter your settings, and load on malware.
Changing Your Network ID and Password Step By Step
- Head to the Admin Tool at http://10.0.0.1.
- Log in with the default username and password (admin/password) or whatever you changed it to. Remember these are not the same as the login information as your Wi-Fi.
- If you have never been in the Admin Tool before, it will ask you to give a new username and password first.
- To change the password, click on Change Password. Make sure it’s at least 8 characters with a combination of upper and lowercase letters and at least one number.
- Re-enter the new password and click save.
What Is The Xfinity Default Router IP Address?
The default Xfinity router IP address for your Xfinity router is normally going to be one of the following:
If none of those default Comcast router IP addresses work, look at the router’s packaging. It should be printed somewhere on or in the box with your default username and password.
Get The Xfinity IP Address
- On your keyboard, push “R” and the Windows key at the same time.
- Type in cmd and press Enter.
- Type in ipconfig and press Enter.
- The IP address is listed next to Default Gateway.
2. Xfinity My Account Online
You can get into your Wi-Fi information through your Xfinity online account.
- Log into My Account with your Xfinity username and password.
- Click on Settings at the top of the page
- Click on Wi-Fi Network and Password.
- Click on Edit.
- You can change the Wi-Fi network’s username and password here.
3. Download The Xfinity My Account App Or Xfinity xFi
Xfinity xFi allows you to control your Wi-Fi settings and manage the information. You can download it through the Xfinity app on Android or Apple.
- Log into xFi through the Xfinity xFi app or at xfinity.com/myxFi.
- Your Wi-Fi name is displayed at the top of the Overview page.
- To make any changes, click on Edit Wi-Fi.
- Apply Changes to save any updates.
Tips For Resetting Your Xfinity Gateway
When you can’t remember your login information to get to the Admin Tools, you can reset your Xfinity Gateway. This is the last resort, because it puts everything back to the factory default settings.
- Start by unplugging the gateway’s power.
- Hold the Reset button.
- Plug the gateway back in while still pressing the Reset button.
- Hold the button still for about 30 seconds.
- The gateway should be rebooting.
- Login again using the default username and password.
- Change the username and password so you can remember it.
- Set up anything that was connected to the gateway before using the new login information.
Xfinity Router Login FAQs
10.0.0.1 Refused to Connect On My Xfinity Router
When the 10.0.0.1 login didn’t work, you need to use the command prompt CMD on Windows to see if anything is using that login. For Mac, use a ping command in the terminal. This will show any connected devices that might or might now be using the 10.0.0.1 login.
Default Gateway IP 10.0.0.1 Is Taking Too Long To Respond
If the 10.0.0.1 login is taking too long, there might be a loose wire or connection with the hardware itself. This can happen due to power failures, device movements, and sometimes even just prolonged use. One solution is to reboot the hardware and look for loose connections. Otherwise, call customer service for the router.
I Tried To Login But It’s Showing The Wrong SSID And Logs Me Into Someone Else’s Network
This can happen when a single split is being used in several areas. You can fix this by disabling the Wi-Fi on your device. Then connect to the router directly using a computer and an Ethernet cable. Use the router’s default IP address to get into the configurations and change your IP address. If it was a 10.0.0.1 login, change it to 10.0.0.2.
Xfinity Router Login – Setting Options
Through your router’s settings, you can change the firmware, set-up firewall, port forwarding, and other settings. You will need to default Xfinity router IP address to get into the settings. The IP address is either https://10.0.0.1 or https://192.168.1.1 or https://192.168.100.1. This is the best way to get to any Xfinity router settings.
Xfinity Firewall Set Up
- Start by connecting your computer to your home internet network. Open a browser. Go to the Admin Tool http://10.0.0.1 and login with the username ‘admin‘ and password ‘password‘.
- Change the login information.
- Click Gateway on the Admin Tool page.
- Click Firewall.
- Choose either IPv4 or IPv6.
- You will then need to choose your security level.
- Maximum: Blocks most applications. Allows browsing, email, iTunes, and VPN.
- Typical: Blocks peer to peer applications, but allows most sites and services.
- Low: This is the default setting. It allows all secure apps.
- Custom: Allows you to clock certain types of traffic or disable the firewall altogether.
- Save the settings.
Xfinity Port Forwarding Set Up
- Go to xfinity.com/myxFi or open the Xfinity xFi app and sign in.
- From Overview, choose Network.
- From More Options, choose Advanced Settings.
- Click on Port Forwarding.
- Click on Add Port Forward.
- From the drop down list, choose the household device that you are setting up. If it’s not there, it might not be connected to your home network yet.
- Look through the list of common applications or you can click on Manual Set to choose specific ports, ranges, and protocols.
- Apple the changes and you should be good to go.