If you are an AT&T Uverse subscriber and use the AT&T gateway, it is important that you know how to get into the router’s settings. This is where you will be able to update the password and user information, as well as access any controls and security that the router has.
Having all of your AT&T Uverse router’s login information, including its IP address, is key to successfully getting into the router. This is what you need to know to be able to access AT&T router login page.
How To Login To My AT&T Router?
- Double check that your AT&T router has already been connected to the internet.
- Open up any browser on your computer and enter the AT&T router IP address http://192.168.1.254.
- The login screen for your router should have appeared. Every Uverse router has a different default password that should be located on the side of the router. There is no default username.
- Enter the login credentials.
- You should now be in your router’s settings. If not, double check the login information and try again. If you are sure the router is connected, and it still isn’t letting you in, you might need to reset the router.
How To Change The Default AT&T Router Wi-Fi Name and Password
- Open up a browser on your computer and type in http://192.168.1.254.
- Enter your Device Access Code if prompted. If you are prompted for the Device Access Code, it is located on the side of the router. This number will never change as it is unique to your router.
- Enter your current Wi-Fi name and password.
- Once open, go to Settings, then LAN, the Wi-Fi.
- Next, you need to scroll down to User Network. This is where you will find your network name and Wi-Fi password. Change the name and password as you prefer. Make sure the password is longer than 8 characters and a combination of upper and lower case letters as well as numbers.
- Save all of your changes.
AT&T Router Login FAQs
What Is The AT&T Default IP Address?
The default AT&T router IP address is http://192.168.1.254. You can enter this into your preferred browser to get into your router’s settings. There, you can alter the security information or any other preferences you might have. If the router is not coming up with that address, double check that it’s connected.
The Browser Is Not Loading The AT&T Login Page
If you are typing in that IP address (http://192.168.1.254.) and it is not taking you to the AT&T login page, double check that you have typed in the address correctly. If you did, you will need to check the devices that are connected to your network and make sure that the router is listed among the devices. If not, you will need to set that up first. If the router is connected and you are still having trouble, you might need to unplug the router and plug it back in, or contact AT&T’s customer service for more help.
Where Can I Find My Wi-Fi Username And Password?
There is no universal login information for an AT&T Uverse router. The password, if there is one, will be printed on the side of the router. There is no default username. If you have tried logging in using the information that came with your router and it isn’t working, you might need to reset the router.
How To Reset My AT&T Router?
- Locate the red reset button the back of the router.
- Press and hold the button for about 15 seconds.
- The Power light should begin flashing as the router reboots itself.
- Once the Power light remains solid, the router should be rebooted.
- Then, shutdown the computer that the router is associated with.
- Remove the router’s power cable from the back of the gateway. All of the lights should now be off.
- Leave everything disconnected for around 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- It can take a couple of minutes for everything to restart. Turn your computer back on and make sure everything is connected.