Knowing how to access your Arris router login and your Arris router IP address is essential to being able to effectively control your router’s information. You should always change the Wi-Fi username and password from the default settings to have the most security possible.
To start with, you will need to know how to log into your router and how to change your username and your password. This is what you will need to know.
How To Login To An Arris Router
- First, connect to your network using your computer or a smartphone.
- Then, open any browser and type in the Arris router login IP: https://192.168.0.1.
- You should now get a prompt to enter your username and password. If you have never changed the login credentials, the username is admin and the password is password. If this doesn’t work, you might need to do a reset on the router.
- You should now be inside of the Arris router settings. If not, check your connections.
How To Change The Default Arris Modem/Router Wi-Fi Name and Password
- First, open up a web browser on your computer. Type in https://192.168.0.1 which is the Arris router IP address and hit Enter.
- The login screen should have popped up. If you have never changed the login information, the username is admin and the password is
- You should see a section called Wireless 2.4 GHz. There, you can rename your wireless network in the SSID field. It can be anywhere from 1 to 32 alphanumeric characters.
- You can change the password under the section Pre-Shared Key. It needs to be between 8 and 64 alphanumeric characters.
- Repeat for the 5 GHz section as well.
Arris Router Login FAQs
What Is The Arris Default IP Address?
The default Arris router IP address is https://192.168.0.1. You should be able to type that into any browser and be taken to the settings for your Arris router. If it does not work, you will need to double check that your router’s connection, because that really should work. Otherwise, you might need to call customer service.
Where Can I Find My Wi-Fi Username And Password?
The default user name and password for your Arris router is a username of admin and a password of password. If you have changed it, you will need to use the changed information to login. If you haven’t changed it and the default login information isn’t working, you will need to reset the router.
How To Reset An Arris Router Or Modem?
If you are having trouble logging in, it might be time to reset your router or modem. Only do this as a last result, because it will put it back to the factory settings.
- Locate the red reset button located on the back of your router.
- Using a paperclip or a ballpoint pen, press and hold the button for about 10 seconds, then release.
- After about 10 more seconds, the router should begin to reboot. The power light will be flashing for a few seconds before staying on, indicating that the router has rebooted and is ready to go.