The IP address 10.0.0.1 login is actually a class A IP address, which is used as a default gateway by a number of router manufacturers. The following address can be used to set up a home network, which should be unique and can be used as a local area network.
The way to login
- You will have to open your browser, and type http://10.0.0.1 in the address bar, followed by hitting the enter button.
- You will find the management console on your screen, where you will have to enter the username and password. In case you can’t remember the username and the password, you can find the information available at the back of your router. You can also visit the list of default router passwords in case you can’t find that.
- You will have to click on the network section on the menu.
- You can choose the way to connect, either dial-up, or DSL, to set up the network. You can also use other methods. After that you will have to enter the username and password as provided by the Internet service provider.
- In most cases Google provides the DNS addresses as 184.108.40.206 and secondary 220.127.116.11.
Unable to connect
The IP address 10.0.0.1 is used to the present the LAN side of any wireless access point, which is useful to connect to the Internet. Once all the clients join the network, it is with address that will appear in their TCP or IP network settings. You can use the ping option to check whether other devices are using 10.0.0.1.
The most common issues
- Many cases you can find incorrect device address, or the problem with unresponsive gateway. In such a case your router may be using a different IP address. You can find that from the list.
- The problem can also lie in assignment of client address. In case of Wi-Fi networks, the users connect to the gateway through the SSID or the network name, and IP addresses are automatically assigned. Glitches might appear in such cases.